Friday 24 July 2015

Egg Burji

This week I have chosen Easy school recipes / Single serve dorm recipes / MW recipes for BM #54.
The moment I took this topic I remembered of my days I spent in Tampere, Finland. I have given my travel experiences in Mir's blog

I have been to this country often for my official purpose. The first time when I visited this country - I had just started with non vegetarian food. So I was not comfortable with the food that was served in my office / hotel. So I started cooking on my own. The kitchen items available to me were electric cooker, microwave, one induction stove and 2-3 vessels. So i feel the recipes I invented there would be ideal to the theme picked up for this week. 

I am starting off with egg burji. This was my savior most of the days - made with very few ingredients. I used to just cook rice, buy curd and make this egg - burji and used to have the heavenly curd rice with egg burji :)


Ingredients:

Egg -2 nos
Oil - 1 tsp
pepper powder - 2 tsp
Onion - 1 no
Salt - to taste

Method:

  • Beat the eggs along with salt and pepper powder.
  • Chop the onions finely.
  • Place a tava on the stove / induction. Add oil. Once the oil is hot add the chopped onions.
  • fry the onions until they turn translucent.
  • Add the beaten eggs. Keep stirring so that the eggs don't stick to the bottom of the tava.
  • Scramble the eggs as per your liking. I like it slightly dry.





Note:

  • I have given the recipe exactly as I tried it with lesser ingredients and available resources. We can add green chillies, garam masala powder, tomatoes, grated carrot, ginger-garlic paste etc to enhance the flavour.
  • This would be great lunch-box accompaniment to mixed rice, phulka, bread etc.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#54

11 comments:

  1. Yummy burji, such an easy dish with eggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have less time to cook any curry for dinner will often do egg bhurji.. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anytime yum snack in our family..looks lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great one for egg lovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are days when egg burji saves the dinner 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine savior too.. make this often and we love it ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Egg bhurji is my go-to lazy day dish. So simple and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure this is very quick to get it done..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this information. We provide best taste of non-veg products with pure veg. One of the best dishes Bhurji is so tasty.

    ReplyDelete