Monday 11 July 2016

Aloo Raitha

I had some left over boiled potatoes in the fridge. And I was searching for some new and easy recipes to make. That is when I remembered in the regional cuisines my fellow bloggers had made and posted raitha with aloo. I immediately searched for it and found this link in Sandhya's blog. I didn't think too much about it, just followed the recipe and this was a wonderful salad.

Aloo raitha would be a hit among kids because kids generally love potatoes. I understand that this raitha or salad definitely takes a spot in the plate in our northern cuisine (haryana / bihar). I served it with rotis and it was an instant hit. This raitha would come in handy when we are preparing dinner I guess. I added little finely chopped onions also to this raitha to bring in that crunchy feeling.


Ingredients:

Potatoes - 2 large
Finely chopped onions - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Sugar - 1 tsp
Thick curd - 1 cup
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Chaat masala / Garam masala powder - pinch



Method:


  • Boil the potatoes. I boiled the potatoes in cooker.
  • Once cooled, peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
  • In a bowl add the chopped onions, curd and all other spice powders. Mix well.
  • Finally add the cubed potatoes and coat the potatoes with the curd mixture.


Serve immediately so that the crunchiness of the onions is not lost.


Notes:


  • The potatoes can also be cooked in microwave. Cube the potatoes and microwave high for 5 minutes.
  • Chaat masala or garam masala is optional. But if adding add only a pinch.








Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#66


7 comments:

  1. Never tried aloo raita. This sounds interesting. Will try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another aloo raitha..good one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloo raita is new for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have made a simple aloo raita look so attractive...good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another favorite recipe on your blog. I love aloo raita :) Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super delicious raitha, just love anything with potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a refreshing and delicious raita with potato. Looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete