Tuesday 6 November 2012

Diamond cut chips




Was looking for some easy snack to make and came across this in a blog. This was a easy recipe with less ingredients and easy to make but I found this time consuming.

Ingredients:

Maida – 200 grams
Chilli powder – 25 grams
Asafetida – a pinch
Butter – 20 grams
Ajwain (omam, powdered) – 10 grams
Salt for taste


Method:

  • Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix evenly so that the butter is spread evenly.
  • Add little by little water and make a dough like for chapathi.
  •  I made 9 balls out of this dough.



  • Role it like chapathi. Try to make as thin as possible.
  • Run a knife through it horizontally and vertically so as to create diamond shapes. (This was the time consuming part)
  • Put these in a paper to dry.
  • In a kadai, pour oil and heat it. Put the chips in the oil one set at a time. Even if they are sticky they will separate out in oil.
  • The chips will be ready in a minute.
  • Drain and store in an air tight container.



Tea time snack ready!!!



2 comments:

  1. I like this information Thanks for sharing this. I would like to these articles and I have confusion but I read your news and I easy understood
    Diamond cut

    ReplyDelete